As for the Alcudia churches and sanctuaries route; holidaymakers may visit and see the Church of Sant Jaume and the Museu Parroquial (Parish Museum), Oratory of Santa Anna, Cave of Sant Marti and La Victoria Chapel.
The Church of Sant Jaume and the Museu Parroquial (Parish Museum)
The Church of Sant Jaume originally had the appearance of a fortress and the building was formed part of the wall and it only opened towards the inside of the town of Alcudia. As a result of its deteriorated conditions, the church was completely torn down and rebuilt in the Neogothic style with a single nave and side chapels covered by ribbed vault ceilings in 1870. There is a Neo-gothic altarpiece dedicated to Sant Jaume in the presbytery.
Particularly noteworthy is the Baroque style chapel where the image of Sant Crist is kept and a polychrome sculpture from the 15th century of miracles occurring in 1507.
The main façade has a sculpture of the saint, a large rose window and the Alcudia coat of arms. There is also a Parish Museum named “Museu Parroquial” to visit. The museums has an interesting collection of religious art.
Oratory of Santa Anna
The Oratory of Santa Anna dates from the 13th century and was designed by Diego Espanyol. The Oratory of Santa Anna is located between Alcudia and the port and it has been declared a Cultural Interest Site. It is also one of the best preserved samples of the resettlement churches on the island of Majorca.
Cave of Sant Marti
The Cave of Sant Marti is the site that is linked to one of the early Christian cults in this region. Stairs dug into the rock descend into the cave that where visitors may find two chapels, dedicated to Sant Marti and Sant Jordi, built in the 13th and 14th centuries.
You may read more about Puig i Cova de Sant Marti >>>
Victoria Chapel is one of must see places in Alcudia. The present defensive construction dates from 1679. The single nave covered with a barrel vault and the high altarpiece are done in Baroque style and there is also a lady chapel where the image of the Mare de Deu de la Victoria, sculpted in the 15th century, is worshiped. You may read more about La Victoria Chapel >>>